Wednesday, August 31, 2005

the stack next to my bed

Next to my bed is an assortment of books and comix that I occasionally read before dozing off. I saw a list that Gary Panter did with roughly the same idea and felt inspired to share my current list with you.

The Stacks by Marc Bell
Lady Pep by Julie Doucet
Raisin Pie #2 by Rick Altergott and Ariel Bourdeaux
Themes and Movements: Surrealism by MaryAnn Caws
Revenge of the Sith: Encyclopedia of Vehicles
Tony Oursler: Drawings by Tony Oursler
Bighead by Jeffrey Brown
Satiro-plastic by Gary Panter, a facsimile sketchbook 1999-2001
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson
Raymond Pettibon: A Reader ed. by Ghez and Temkin
Worn Tuff Elbow by Marc Bell
Kramer's Ergot #4 ed. by Sammy Harkham

Looking at that list now, I guess it's really mostly comix. But they are smart comix
and I'd certainly aspire to do the kind of work those people are doing.

What's next to your bed, or on your bedside table?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home